Your Freedom Is Our Focus
Creative and Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney in Colorado Springs
Over 200-Five Star Reviews – 100% FREE Consultations
What are the consequences if I’m convicted? Can I go to jail?
Your fight for freedom starts now!
Get your questions answered.
Three seasoned criminal attorneys with winning track records.
Former Colorado Springs prosecutors that know the system.
Free initial consultation.
We promptly return all phone calls.
Thousands of cases resolved.
STRONG TEAM = SMART CHOICE
Get your criminal charges reduced or dropped!
Your best chance of a positive outcome in a criminal case is to work with a team of top-rated criminal defense attorneys in Colorado Springs. James Newby leads that team of experienced and accomplished criminal and DUI defense lawyers.
Life can hit you hard sometimes.
Let’s be honest, we all make mistakes. No one wants to get arrested and face criminal charges. What do you do when that happens? Hiring a good criminal defense attorney is the best decision you can make to protect your freedom.
As your trusted ally, we’ve got your back. You will be able to relax knowing you have the best Colorado Springs defense attorneys in your corner.
A Strong Criminal Defense is Your Advantage
FIGHTING DUI CHARGES
Meet Our Attorneys
I got into law because of a deep-rooted passion for helping good people that may have made a poor choice that could have lasting consequences.
Criminal Defense Attorney
I'm passionate about personal rights and freedom. I chose a career in criminal defense to help people get a fair shot at defending their freedom.
Criminal Defense Attorney
I believe people charged with a crime deserve an expert on their side. I chose criminal defense to advocate for those not able to speak for themselves.
Are you facing Criminal Charges in Colorado Springs?
We understand and relate to the fear and uncertainty that comes with facing a criminal arrest and charges in Colorado Springs. We know your freedom, job, family, and lifestyle are at stake. It’s natural for you to feel overwhelmed, confused and afraid. That is why our criminal defense lawyers are here to guide you through this challenging time. You can trust us to protect your rights and fight for your freedom.
You Want The Best Possible Outcome
You just want the best possible outcome if you’ve been arrested and charged with a crime. You want to keep your freedom. Your ability to work, drive and live your life. That’s why you need the best criminal defense law firm in Colorado Springs. We will protect your rights and fight for your freedom. With our expertise on your side, you have the best chance to secure the most favorable outcome for your case.
A Criminal Conviction Can Have a Life-Changing Aftermath
If you are like many of the average citizens of Colorado Springs, you may not be aware of the profound impact a criminal conviction can have on your life. The consequences can be far-reaching, from damaging your reputation to limiting future opportunities. That’s why you need experienced criminal defense attorneys on your team to protect your rights and minimize the long-term effects of a criminal charge.
A Strong Team = A Smart Choice
With three highly experienced criminal defense attorneys, each of whom previously worked as a Colorado Springs prosecutor, we bring a unique advantage to your case. Our insider understanding of the local legal system allows us to build a strong defense strategy tailored to the specifics of your situation. Count on us to use our knowledge to your advantage.
“A Man Who Is His Own Lawyer Has A Fool for a Client”
– English proverb
Winning Strategies and Skilled Negotiators
You need a legal team that knows how to win cases and excels at negotiating with prosecutors to secure plea agreements that result in lesser charges and fewer consequences. Our track record and hundreds of positive reviews online speak to our creative defense strategies and effective negotiations. Trust our expertise, and let us fight for the best possible outcome for you.
Confidence in Our Competence
When you hire the James Newby Law Firm, you can have confidence in our competence. Our team of skilled attorneys has successfully handled thousands of criminal defense cases. We are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome for our clients and will work tirelessly to protect your rights and future.
Why You Must Hire a Former Local DA
Every lawyer at James Newby Law if a former DA in Colorado Springs. Why is that a benefit to you? There are nuances and realities of the criminal justice process that aren’t necessarily found in books or statutes. Every jurisdiction in Colorado has its own rules and procedures, every prosecutor and DA has their own way of pursuing convictions, and every judge brings their own perspective and preferences to the cases they hear. Knowing these unwritten, local rules can be as crucial as knowing the written laws, and the ability to turn those nuances into an advantage is something that only comes from experience, and sets the best criminal defense attorneys apart from their peers.
Take the First Step Towards Protecting Your Freedom
Don’t let fear and uncertainty paralyze you. Take the first step towards protecting your freedom by speaking with us today. We offer a free consultation with a lawyer to discuss your case’s details and provide you with the guidance and support you need. Trust the James Newby Law Firm to fight for your rights and help you confidently navigate the criminal defense process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of lawyer do I need for criminal charges?
How much does a criminal defense attorney cost?
Do I need a lawyer for DUI in Colorado?
Should I use a public defender?
Learn more: Using a public defender vs hiring an attorney.
What are the characteristics of the best criminal defense lawyers?
- Experience successfully defending the crimes you’ve been charged with.
- Former prosecutor experience in Colorado Springs courts.
- Absolute and total commitment to protecting your freedom.
- Ability to explain the law as it relates to your charges and evidence against you.
- Eagerness and willingness to challenge prosecutors.
- Compassion for the ordeal you are facing and the fears you are experiencing
- Problem-solving skills.
- Clear explanation of their fee structure and the potential costs of your defense.
What will the criminal defense attorney ask me during my free consultation?
Questions to expect:
- Where were you before the incident?
- What were you doing immediately before the incident?
- Who were you with at the time?
- Where and when did the incident take place?
- Why were you there?
- What did you do or not do at the time?
- What did you say, and who did you say it to before or during the incident?
- What, if anything, did other people say or do?
- Did anyone witness the incident, and, if so, who were they?
If you were arrested at the scene of the crime you can expect these questions:
- Where were you when the officer arrested you?
- How did the police approach you?
- What did the police officers say to you?
- If you were driving, did the police officer say why they pulled you over?
- Did you give consent to the police to perform a search of your car or home?
- Did the police conduct such a search, and if so, what did they find?
- Did the police have a search warrant, and if so, did they show you a copy?
- What did the police do leading up to, during, and after your arrest?
- Upon your arrest, did the police officer read you your Miranda rights?
- If an officer questioned you, did you ask for a lawyer, and if so, did the officer keep asking you questions?
- Describe the circumstances of any interrogation, including what the police said and did and what you said and did.